Friday, November 20, 2009

Amazing Young Professionals

So I’ve been away for a while but I’m back. I want to talk about amazing people. I can’t wait to start meeting amazing people in NYC but right now I want to talk about an amazing young professional that Cleveland is lucky to have.
Genna Petrolla is the Greater Circle Living Manager for University Circle Incorporated where she works to market the Greater Circle Living program, a forgivable loan program to encourage employees of eligible non-profit institutions to live close to where they work.
Genna also serves on the Board of Directors for SPACES Gallery, a not-for-profit alternative art space located on the Superior Viaduct. For over 30 years, SPACES has provided freedom, resources and an audience, thus enabling artists to engage the public in a vital dialogue about contemporary art.
She is also a part of the team that produces Messy Magazine http://messymagazine.blogspot.com/ , a quarterly online art/literary/fashion/music magazine based in Cleveland. The publication spotlights local artists, designers and musicians, is a resource for art and music related events, and encourages the average person to think creatively and share their work with others. Messy magazine also works to show the country and the world that Cleveland is a viable place to live, work and create.
Before I left Cleveland, I was in the early stages of organizing the IWSI event for GLUE. I knew if I wanted to get something done in Cleveland I had to contact Genna. As you know in the process I was summons to New York and essential abandoned the planning process for the campaign. I asked Genna to take over the process and hoped that she could pick up the few pieces and run with it. My hopes were fulfilled and more. The IWSI event was held on Wednesday, November 18th 2009, at the Speakeasy in Cleveland, Ohio and was AMAZING!!! Genna did an unbelievable job all by herself. There were over 100 people at the event and over 80 people participated and summated ideas for the campaign. Genna solicited a great partner with Terry Travis from of Cleveland365.com and there was a diverse group. She brought in three great speakers and the space looked great. It’s great to know that you can hand things off to great people and feel comfortable that they are going to be bigger and better than what you would have done. Thanks Genna you are the best! Check out some of the pictures from the event.



No comments:

Post a Comment